Round II takes place in a state of the art theatre. At ADC, we strongly believe it is necessary for our participants to be exposed to performing in the grandeur of a large venue. Performing in a large medium is a critical skill that needs to be cultivated as a pre-professional matures.
3 Main Performance Divisions of Round II:
- Classical Ballet Solo Division
- Contemporary Dance Solo Division
- Ensemble Division
The entries that have been prepared during the year are showcased in this round. There is NOT a limit as to how many solos that a participant can perform. Our recommendation is two classical & one contemporary solo, or vice versa, highlighting your stronger style.
Classical Ballet Soloists:
All Classical soloists, click the Repertoire List link above, to see the approved variations. NO classical variation off the list can be performed, unless in the primary age division.
Contemporary Dance Soloists:
You are responsible for obtaining all rights to your choreographic work. If the piece was created for the participant, this does not apply. If wanting to perform the exact work of George Balanchine, for example, you must contact the Balanchine Foundation for rights.
The Classical Pas de Deux category competes separate and MUST be selected off the Repertoire List above. A contemporary style pas de deux would fall into the duo/trio category.
Duo/Trios and all groups May or May Not use the choreographic works provided in the repertoire list. Please refer to the rules & regulations for time limits pertaining to the size ensemble.
As an entry exits the stage, their adjudication will be announced aloud.
Instantly after performing your solo or ensemble, professional photographs will be ready in the lobby for viewing or purchase.
Advantages of ADC:
- Great place to support your fellow friends.
- Meet current choreographers.
- Showcase your talent and earn esteem of your peers and professionals in the dance field.
- Meet professional company/ academy directors.
- Earn scholarships to ballet schools across the world.
- Compete for professional contract positions.
- And meet the up-coming talent of the 21st century from across the globe.